Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Mineral Makeup Affirmation

I am not afraid to use mineral makeup everyday because it helps my skin breathe, it does not disrupt my anti-acne treatments, and it does not clog pores that causes breakouts as well. Mineral makeup is still the healthiest makeup on earth.

Oh, wow, what a bold proclamation, and I'm sure alot of you would agree with me as well, with also alot who would disagree with me, too. I must admit. Even if I am a mineral makeup addict, I still use traditional makeup, but never, never foundation that is not mineral makeup. The first thing that touches my skin, aside from the makeup base, will always be mineral makeup, because it's only the kind of makeup that my skin would tolerate, and feel safe with.

Just this recently, I have put this mineral makeup belief of mine to the test. In makeup school, we are each others' models, and we do each other's makeup. We use traditional makeup for practice, as it is the standard, and I just left things be, and went on with the flow. Oil-based foundation was applied on me, along with other stuff, as I would rigorously wash it off my skin every day as it didn't feel right. My face felt very icky and uncomfortable after , and I would spend my days like that.

It's not like I'm waging war against traditional makeup. Traditional makeup works for alot of people. It just doesn't work for me since my skin is very sensitive, has open pores, and is very oily. It just doesn't react well with it.

After one month of traditional foundation being applied on my face, I paid my dermatologist a visit, and my dermatologist got surprised with alot of comedone buildup, as she was able to extract alot, and commented that my skin has stopped improving ever since our treatment. I felt sad, as my skin got stressed not only from well, stress, but with makeup. Makeup has not caused my skin stress for the past two years because mineral makeup was my saving grace.

I am most anxious to stop using traditional foundation, it should be soon, I shall grab my liquid mineral foundation to make my classmate apply on me instead of traditional foundation. Mineral makeup must rest on my skin above everything. Mineral makeup really is my true love, and I will always choose it for me, and this is a life-long commitment.

Anyone with similar stories? I'd love to hear stories similar to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment