Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mineral Makeup Question : What Made You Switch?

I have been talking nonstop to my friends, classmates, and just everyone that mineral makeup is first to touch my skin every single day, and I'd want it that way. I was just wondering, and I would like to ask my readers - what made you switch to mineral makeup? Was it a funny story? A lucky strike? A decision influenced by a friend?

Let me share my experience. I was a closet makeup junkie from gradeschool and highschool, and started being a self-professed makeup addict dring college. I would devour magazine contents, specially in the beauty section, just to tempt myself to save up and buy more beauty products, and makeup. I loved applying makeup because it made me feel better. More confident. Feel more beautiful. But my skin was a mess, to start with. I had, and still have acne. Open pores. Ultra oily skin. The combination of my bad skin, and traditional makeup was a huge problem, as I sought to cover my imperfections by makeup, but I was making my skin worse.

One day, I was browsing through my local forum about Bare Escentuals. The one who brought it here in Manila ( now turned very good friend ) had really good service that she even drove to my home to deliver my goodies. I tried their eye glimmers because I won it from her raffle, and I was able to buy from her mineral foundation. From the day I applied mineral foundation on my face, I knew I would never look back. The best moment, was when someone told me on how my skin was improving, and I was wearing around 3 layers of Bare Escentuals then. After that, I sought and researched more mineral makeup brands, tried different mineral foundations, as my skin improved drastically, and I told myself that this is it - the biggest solution to my problems. I now don't have super bad skin - though I still have acne - but very much controlled, but I know that my makeup does not hinder its progress in healing. Fantastic, isn't it?

Well, how about you? I'd love to hear about your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment